| REMEMBER THE 80'S - IMM940974
Electronic keyboards, drum machines, big hair, glam suits, strange effects: “Remember the ‘80’s” returns us to a classic era in both music and music video.
Captured here is the moment when video began to flourish – and such up-and-coming acts as Tears For Fears, Style Council, The Jam, Soft Cell, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, and ABC began to rule both the airwaves and the TV screen. The earliest days of the music video were over: both the artists and their directors were inventing new ways of telling stories, capturing emotions, and weaving music together with all the possibilities of a new medium.
Thus we get such well-loved and fondly remembered videos as “Come On, Eileen,” from Dexy’s Midnight Runners; Frankie’s “Two Tribes”; ABC’s “Poison Arrow”; Dire Straits’ “Romeo and Juliet”; Dr. Hook’s “When You’re In Love With a Beautiful Woman,” and many more. Both a nostalgia trip and a study in musical excellence, this collection brings the 1980’s back to life, reminding us of the musical and visual excitement of the decade.
1. DEXY’S MIDNIGHT RUNNERS – Come On, Eileen
2. SOFT CELL – Tainted Love
3. FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD – Two Tribes
4. THIN LIZZY – Sarah
5. THE JAM – That’s Entertainment
6. ABC – Poison Arrow
7. TEARS FOR FEARS – Mad World
8. THE STYLE COUNCIL – You’re The Best Thing
9. CAPTAIN SENSIBLE – Glad It’s All Over
10. WOMACK & WOMACK – Teardrops
11. DIRE STRAITS – Romeo And Juliet
12. DR. HOOK – When You’re In Love With A Beautiful Woman
13. THE BABYS – Everytime I Think Of You
14. BLACK – Wonderful Life
15. NATALIE COLE – This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)
16. HOT CHOCOLATE – Emma